User
Username:

Password:

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Who's Online 
Guest Users: 24

ptcrew store 
Support This Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOS Warning/Violation: CrustyCurmudgeon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ptcrew Forum Index -> Terms of Service & Banned Accounts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrustyCurmudgeon
PTcrewbie
PTcrewbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: TOS Warning/Violation: CrustyCurmudgeon Reply with quote

ADMIN NOTE: This thread has been split from an existing thread:
http://www.ptcrew.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4712&sid=6f9fe97e432609f268444d82b2c5b4c3

meatball wrote:
Mark June 23,24,25 2006 down for Cruz The Falls USA Niagara Falls NY. This cruz will benefit SABAH for kids. Our web site will be up and running shortly, www.cruzthefallsusa.com. All the fun and Frolic you'd expect and more. Live band, Good food, Cheaper Hotels. More info to be posted soon.

Hopefully without the sins, crimes, felonies, misdemeanors and breaches of trust committed by the previous promoter(s) of the event on the Canadian side. Hopefully also without the incessant chest-beating and continual bragging about how much of the "net proceeds" went to charity. Do your good deeds, and don't spend the next year bragging about it.
ElectricBlueGT
PTcrewner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Cruz The Falls USA Reply with quote

CrustyCurmudgeon wrote:

Hopefully without the sins, crimes, felonies, misdemeanors and breaches of trust committed by the previous promoter(s)of the event on the Canadian side. Hopefully also without the incessant chest-beating and continual bragging about how much of the "net proceeds" went to charity. Do your good deeds, and don't spend the next year bragging about it.

I am impartial to the wars which have arisen between you, Sean, and countless others over the years on many different forums concerning CTF. Your comment, however, is libel if you cannot back up what you say with concrete evidence. I would call out anyone if he/she said the same thing, so please do not take it personally. I just want you to understand what you have just done.

End of fucking rant

Scott

SuGamer
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Cruz The Falls USA Reply with quote

ElectricBlueGT wrote:
CrustyCurmudgeon wrote:

Hopefully without the sins, crimes, felonies, misdemeanors and breaches of trust committed by the previous promoter(s)of the event on the Canadian side. Hopefully also without the incessant chest-beating and continual bragging about how much of the "net proceeds" went to charity. Do your good deeds, and don't spend the next year bragging about it.

I am impartial to the wars which have arisen between you, Sean, and countless others over the years on many different forums concerning CTF. Your comment, however, is libel if you cannot back up what you say with concrete evidence. I would call out anyone if he/she said the same thing, so please do not take it personally. I just want you to understand what you have just done.

End of fucking rant

Scott

I'm with you Scott!

----> Bruiser, Junior, and J.B. <----
And the dynos rumbled and God spoke, "Take thy stage 1 upgrade, install it upon thy car, and pwn the many ricers!" And thus Junior Bruiser, son of Bruiser Junior, grandson of Bruiser, begat of the Chrysler and the Daimler, began his reign in the front wheel drive world. And God looked down upon him and saw he was all that. winking
brngrhd
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty sure if you read the TOS it says something about libel. could be wrong.
TurboJohn
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we have discussed this before on here. We do not come here to listen to the crap that infiltrates the other forums. Take your fights elsewhere, this is a no chumming/trolling zone!

OK, while I am at it, I have a confession to make. I have joined many forums and never read the TOS. I just check the "I Agree" box and move on. But, a while back, after being constantly reminded by Kitty to read the TOS, I went and read them. And they make sense. Read them and follow them or if you don't agree to abide by them, leave us alone.

Back on topic, It looks like this event is going to be a lot of fun and I hope we see a lot of the PTCrew people up there. We can all hang out together!
CrustyCurmudgeon
PTcrewbie
PTcrewbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Cruz The Falls USA Reply with quote

ElectricBlueGT wrote:
CrustyCurmudgeon wrote:

End of fucking rant

Scott

Oh, I understand what I've done---ask me if I care. I'll be waiting for a summons from the Internet Police.
SuGamer
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Cruz The Falls USA Reply with quote

CrustyCurmudgeon wrote:
ElectricBlueGT wrote:
CrustyCurmudgeon wrote:

End of fucking rant

Scott

Oh, I understand what I've done---ask me if I care. I'll be waiting for a summons from the Internet Police.

Oh wow! You've been a member for 9 months and in all this time you only have 28 posts, and each and every one of them is to critize someone else or another club! Boy, you must have a very happy and fullfilling life! The name CrustyCurmudgeon really fits you! Like John said, take your shit somewhere else. We're all tired of having to read it.

----> Bruiser, Junior, and J.B. <----
And the dynos rumbled and God spoke, "Take thy stage 1 upgrade, install it upon thy car, and pwn the many ricers!" And thus Junior Bruiser, son of Bruiser Junior, grandson of Bruiser, begat of the Chrysler and the Daimler, began his reign in the front wheel drive world. And God looked down upon him and saw he was all that. winking
snittykitty
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Cruz The Falls USA Reply with quote

CrustyCurmudgeon wrote:

Yep, he understands what he's done completely; he's managed to skirt all around anything that'd hold up in a court by not naming names and yet alluded to exactly what he means. Unfortunately, "promoters" isn't a specific person. It's unfortunate because a lot of good people worked to put the event on and are having their efforts dragged through the mud so Crusty can get his "non libel" poke in. So, no, it doesn't meet the "would hold up in court" litmus test of a libel accusation.

So everyone else understands what he's done: he's come very close to opening the site (in essence, me) to a lawsuit by posting potentially libelous claims. If he'd named someone inparticular, that person could possibly (depending on jurisdictional laws) sue ME for hosting his blurb. In admitting his lack of care, that pisses me off and I don't get really, truly, pissed off often. That's just blatant disrespect for me, for my work, and the goals of the site. And any act that could jeopardize the existance of the site is a complete slap in the face of the people who are members here.

the follow text breaks the TOS violation for chumming/trolling
Quote:
CrustyCurmudgeon wrote:

and will be recorded and 'served' as per accordance to the site's TOS.

Are those the The TOS in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
"Snitty cracks a mean whip!!" ~bluegoose 10/12/07
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ptcrew Forum Index -> Terms of Service & Banned Accounts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: