Username:

Password:

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Who's Online 
YSKAlannah6
Guest Users: 21

ptcrew store 
Support This Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Bug Removal Method Ever!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptincctx
PTcrewbie
PTcrewbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Best Bug Removal Method Ever! Reply with quote

We all hate having bugs plastered on the bumpers,hoods,grills,side mirrors,windshields,'you name it!'.....They're ugly,unsitely,and some CAN even do damage due to acids in their bodys.
Alot of methods require chemicals & gloves(harsh on hands,not on paint?),or at least ALOT of 'elbow grease'(Aka: PITA)!
Now,I'm not inherently LAZY;But if there's an easier way....I'll take it EVERY time!.......Here's my 'TRIED & TRUE' method,and it WILL NOT scratch,or ruin the paint,or any other parts of the vehicle.

Best Bug Removal Method Ever:

Things needed:

Fabric Softener Sheets(Bounce for example,but ANY cheap brand also works)
Liquid Fabric Softener(Downy for example,but any cheap brand also works)
Water(If this needs explaining,I can't help you!lol)
Spray Bottle(Empty Windex,or 409 style will work)
Pressure Washer(I use local coin-op wash,but hose will work,just not as good)

Directions:

Step #1- Mix Liquid Fabric softener with water at approximate(a little more or less is OK) ratio of 1-to-16 parts(Example: 2 oz. Liquid Fabric Softener + 32 oz. Water)
Step #2- Spray all parts of vehicle where bugs are located liberally with the mixture.
Step #3- Using the Fabric Softener Sheets,begin rubbing the car where you sprayed the mixture,apply more mixture if necessary to keep areas wet while working.
Step #4- Using pressure washer/car wash(or hose),wash of the areas previously sprayed & wiped.........If some bugs still remain;Repeat Steps #1-4,till NO bugs remain.
Step #5- Wash & wax your car using your normal method,and technique.

NOTE: You can also use the liquid mixture to spray the radiator to help with bug removal also,only you must wash them out from the back of the radiator;
DO NOT blow them from the front,as this can clog the radiator fins even more!

They reason this works so well,is the mixture actually 'softens' the bugs,helps lubricate the surface,and the fabric softener sheet provides the perfect amount of 'scrubbing',while still being gentle to the surfaces.
I have personally been using this method,on my vehicles for several years now,and anyone I've told about this,that has tried it...Is absolutely amazed!
I know personally,I will NEVER spend hours,rubbing & scrubbing bugs off cars,and having sore,tired arms,hands,legs,and back ever again!

FYI:
This method will also work on "Bird Poop",and maybe some other things too!
Hope you like it,and be sure to try it before you knock it.
busa_powered
PTcrewbie
PTcrewbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Spammers! Confused
Wombat Campbell
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always used plastic razor blades to remove bugs. *shrug*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ptcrew Forum Index -> Clean Up, Aisle 5! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: