User
Username:

Password:

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Who's Online 
Guest Users: 16

ptcrew store 
Support This Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey Everyone, Sorry I have been away so long.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Candyman
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey their Altema,

I thank you big time as well. It truly does mean a lot to hear all of you guys and your way kind words. From where I have been to now has been an uphill battle all the way and its way cool people like all of you on the Crew who were there for me, and got me through some of the hardest times in my life. You guys are all the greatest friends a guy could ever hope to have the pleasure of knowing, and I thank you all so much.

I totally heard that one on the split window. Its not like its got rust issues, or things to work out that might make it a beater. Its all fiberglass, sure it needs a bit of sanding and correction, as all Vettes do to get perfect, but it wouldn't really take much to make it into a good and decent car once again. If it were up to me, a more respectable color, wheel change and you could have a nice car again. Something like this wouldn't be all that hard to pull off, and make the car worth something rather than tear it up and destroy it, but sadly they never ask me these things. This is where I so want to take the part of that mechanic on that episode of Seinfeld and take the car away for the owner is mistreating it in a way wrong way. I could easily do this.

And man, a hose to an interior makes me cringe a bit for sure. One of my most recent fav's was from a mechanic who worked next door to our old shop. Wanted an interior done which we already were booked for the day so he went and took the seats out and took a pressure washer and completely soaked them, and then put them inside the shop to dry over the next couple days on their own. I did not want to be around that one with a ten foot pole.

Still the one that always gets me is still when color sanding down a nice car like the 55 Nomad for example to put a show winning shine, and someone comes up and says "what, you didn't paint it right the first time?" Yep, that one gets me.

Anywayz, take care, and I'll be sure to post the upcoming stuff we got this week. Sposed to get the Factory 5 Cobra into paint first part of the week. That one should be fun.

Please Like me on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Candyman
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

Been a while since I have had much free time. Just wanted to check in and post a few more pix of stuff I have been working on.

Ready to do it to it.

Cobra Kit shot Candy Blue, Old school cool triple carb 327.

Old School Apache complete with true old school seating. Cool

47 rag. This one got a ton of attention while we were working on it, and yep that is an LS1 under that hood.

Two vehicles we did full prep and final finish for indoor display at this years LA Roadster Show. Took a hair over 80 hours to perfect each panel by panel to a flawless finish from chassis up.

First up, 67 Cougar.

And then the Roadster. Another full 85 hour detail from the bottom up. On this kind of stuff we polish all the way down the bolts.

Working on this one right now. Will grab a couple good pix in the sun when delivering it tomorrow. Verdict is still out on the flamed side panels. They are cool and I can see where he was going, but to me it just looks a bit off.

Last edited by Candyman on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Candyman
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a couple more odds and ends.

91 Dually. First year for newer body. Full color sand and correction to a clean swirl free finish with zero defects.

Love this truck, but it was way fun to buff the top and hood of this beast. Custom 10" lift, 4" body lift, riding on 15 x 22" wheels wrapped in 40" rubber. I stand just under the headlight.

Tahoe with 28"s. Again not my style, and appreciate the effort. Hate to think of ride quality, and hitting any potholes.

Got this in today from a Dealer. Had their Porter try his hand at full paint correction which didn't work out as decent as he thought it would. Had way nice Dealer Installed holograms and more. Luckily after some much needed love she is now back to semi respectable.

Anywayz, that's a few more for now.

Altema
PTcrewsinator
PTcrewsinator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet work... wish you were close enough to do my paint!
2004 Onyx Green Pearl Platinum Series. Mopar Stage 1, big 16G turbo with ported housing and SRT4 CHRA, PCM controlled Stage 2 WG, Boomba BOV, AFE Stage 2 air cleaner system, custom intercooler, water/meth injection, composite intake, 3" O2/DP/Cat to SRT4 exhaust, E85 and gas tunes by Duster360. Upgrades planned and executed by CDD.
RIP: 2004 Electric Blue NA Stage 2, cold ram air induction, 3" airbox inlet, modified upper airbox, K&N, DynoMax cutout, Mopar/Borla duals, GoldLine lowering springs, Gabriel Ultra shocks, Eibach sways, custom blue LED interior lighting.
grungerockjeeper
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, Candyman! Some really nice rides, but that Cobra is the standout piece...perfect in every way! The Cougar is a beautiful car too...not quite my style with the wheels and all, but the paintjob is gorgeous!

'05 Dodge Ram 1500 black RumbleBee.
RaiDeR_GT
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome on the paint jobs.Yes the cobra is really a standout piece..Great work..Oh ya that 55 Nomad is my favorite.Great year and color..

Cool

harrym
PTcrewbie
PTcrewbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiDeR_GT wrote:
Awesome on the paint jobs.Yes the cobra is really a standout piece..Great work..Oh ya that 55 Nomad is my favorite.Great year and color..

Cool

you said it exactly right! The only Nomad I would prefer wold be a 56, and after checking out this 55, I'm conflicted! Either would be great!

Good work, Candyman! Great pictures, too. What camera/lens did you use.
Altema
PTcrewsinator
PTcrewsinator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harrym wrote:
Good work, Candyman! Great pictures, too. What camera/lens did you use.

He used a Samsung Galaxy S (SGH-T959V) which has an excellent camera.

2004 Onyx Green Pearl Platinum Series. Mopar Stage 1, big 16G turbo with ported housing and SRT4 CHRA, PCM controlled Stage 2 WG, Boomba BOV, AFE Stage 2 air cleaner system, custom intercooler, water/meth injection, composite intake, 3" O2/DP/Cat to SRT4 exhaust, E85 and gas tunes by Duster360. Upgrades planned and executed by CDD.
RIP: 2004 Electric Blue NA Stage 2, cold ram air induction, 3" airbox inlet, modified upper airbox, K&N, DynoMax cutout, Mopar/Borla duals, GoldLine lowering springs, Gabriel Ultra shocks, Eibach sways, custom blue LED interior lighting.
Candyman
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey their Guys,

I thank you so much as always! Your kind words are very much appreciated. Cool

I have to agree, the Cobra was pretty cool. Yeah, it took FOREVER to block out the body, but I can seriously say every time it fired up with open exhaust with the pipes off when it was disassembled, everyone up and down the block walked out to look. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Now the really cool part about where our shop is, and who we mostly work with is that for some really strange reason we have some way cool old school custom hot rod builders which allows us to hang out and work on some way too cool rides, and meet and hang with some true old school legends in the business everyday.

For example, the red 55 Nomad, black F100, Green 47, red Roadster, Cougar, and so forth were for a good friend Armando from Armando's Upholstery around the corner from us. Here is a link to a few of the Magazine spreads he has been in.

http://armandoscustom.com/awards%26mag.html

And then we are neighbors with a true custom car legend by the name of Ken Ginnings. Ken is a way cool old school custom car builder who just has tons of raw metal and fab skills, and vision to create true rolling art. He does stuff like his custom jeep which he built a one off 8" wider body and mounted a mid engine from a Caddy Elderaro in, or how bout a low slung split tank chopper with a flat head v8, or the old Ford COE cab he took and built into a one off delivery. His shop is just stuffed with this kind of insanely cool stuff.

As just a quick example, this Link shows a pretty cool wagon that started as a hard top coupe, then got chopped into a vert roadster, was shown once and then chopped again to make this one off wagon all built by hand by Ken for another way cool guy Jim Bones Noteboom.

http://bonesconcepts.com/index2.htm

Ken also built this Lincoln Zephyr one off wagon as well.

http://bonesconcepts.com/index2.htm

If you look around his Site, most of that stuff in some form or fashion was worked on by Ken and has won about every major award or accolade a car builder could achieve and then some which now line more than half of Ken's shop.

And Tim Beard who is the guy we did the 55 Nomad, and the yellow Roadster for. Tim does full restorations and custom builds from the ground up. Here are just a few of the things he has done.

http://jimmeyerenterprises.com/content/project-list

These guys do the real rolling art, we just finish them off and make the true artistry stand out in the crowd.

baggedptturbo03
PTcrewner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pictures are amazing.. I love the before and after shots.. And working with hot rods is a way better choice.. nothing for nothing but we all know how patient hot rodders are and they know how much time/money it takes to correctly build a project.. not always like that with almost any other type of car owners in general

I am in Anaheim so by the time I drove home from Hemmet it would be dirty but if your ever doing a car show in Orange county it would be cool to come see your guys work in person

Thanks.. Adam
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Altema
PTcrewsinator
PTcrewsinator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I was there and saw that car! Too cool. A friend of mine does customs and took 2nd and 3rd place that year in his class with a pair of Chevy sedans... a 38 and 39 if I remember correctly. The 38 is rare seven window with pop-out operas in back, and he drives it on the street regularly. His daughter and I were BFF's for years until she found out my actual age, lol

Candyman
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey their Altema,

Ha, way cool. That was and always is a sick venue for sure. The Zephyr is apparently up for sale under new ownership. Last I saw of it it was still Bones ride. Here is kinda cool vid of it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0V5X8o7O-U

I am going to be working on their next project coming up which is way sick as well. They took a 4 door 56 Caddy and made it into a two door wagon with a single rear side glass, sectioned, chopped, and dropped on the ground.I havent seen it in person as of yet but have been hinted at that it may be up for heading to Detroit sometime in the near future. The sketches are way insane.

Kenny made this one as well though these pics are pretty much all in existence as after making its debut the trailer caught fire on their way home and it burned to ashes.

Candyman
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Hey Adam,

Long time no see. We will make it up there one way or another. We are scheduled to be doing shows up and around your area so we will meet up at some point in time I am sure.

Candyman
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

New Clients. Shocked True TV's Operation Repo meets Blue Diamond Detailing on set while working on the Tierra Impala for a music vid shoot. Partner Will in the middle. Got more pics coming but are stuck in Wills phone waiting to be sent over.

Candyman
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

What's shakin? Got a few more quick photos of stuff rolling through the shop.

Nice little SS. Cool Had a really nice turbocharged 327 that I wanted so bad to lite em up around the parking lot right quick but just couldn't build up the nerve to do it. I can tell yall that goosing the throttle just a hair made her jump way nice though. Shhhh hehehe.

Then just got done with the 32 yesterday.

And last but least, we have ourselves a nice big resto project 69 Charger. More pix to come of this beast.

Anywayz, that's the excitement for now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ptcrew Forum Index -> Clean Up, Aisle 5! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: