User
Username:

Password:

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Who's Online 
Guest Users: 33

ptcrew store 
Support This Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Headlight restoration vid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OurPTGT
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Headlight restoration vid Reply with quote

NJOY Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng9BBX7Cj-k&feature=related

rcktpwrd
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice Very Happy
1990 Chevy 454SS
Es Ar Tee PT
PTcrewner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to watch it twice because I didn't see a car the first time through.

New: 2012 Hyundai Accent SE 5 door. Marathon Blue with black interior. Bought it new on July 2nd 2011 with 7 miles Smile
OurPTGT
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought to my self, damn she sure don't look like she needs no headlight restoration to me Confused happy

so whats anyone think anout the restoration kit? Surprised

Es Ar Tee PT
PTcrewner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, he's just filling in the sand markings with clear coat....I use turtle waxes restoration kit and that seems to work well.

New: 2012 Hyundai Accent SE 5 door. Marathon Blue with black interior. Bought it new on July 2nd 2011 with 7 miles Smile
rcktpwrd
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sanded out my headlights again. I had done it over a year ago and they were hazing up again. I sealed them with the new Blue Magic headlight sealer. The first time I just polished them after sanding. This time I polished them then sealed them, so we'll see how it holds up. The stuff goes on pretty watery but once you coat the entire lens and let it dry is seemed to make the lenses ever more clear. The next day were still a little hazy from the sealer, but I misted them with quick detailer and wiped them down and they were crystal clear.
1990 Chevy 454SS
cdd
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rcktpwrd wrote:
I just sanded out my headlights again. I had done it over a year ago and they were hazing up again. I sealed them with the new Blue Magic headlight sealer. The first time I just polished them after sanding. This time I polished them then sealed them, so we'll see how it holds up. The stuff goes on pretty watery but once you coat the entire lens and let it dry is seemed to make the lenses ever more clear. The next day were still a little hazy from the sealer, but I misted them with quick detailer and wiped them down and they were crystal clear.

Do mine next. Very Happy

Auto | S1 | 1025cc injectors | AFE Stage 2 Pro 5r | Hexalogger | S2 wastegate controlled by PCM | 3"o2 | 3"cat | 3"DP | 2 1/4"catback | plastic intake | W/I | DSP Duster360 E85 & gas tunes | Black ES MM Inserts | big 16G stocker | Boomba BOV

13.49@104.38(1/4 tank E85 fuel, w/i, 1025 injectors, back seats and spare out, 17" street tires, BWS turbo, DSP controlling S2 wastegate)

javiptgt
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did 4 of my buddies car I don't have anymore fingerprints left lol but I just sand them down and buff them out and looks like there new
rcktpwrd
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdd wrote:
rcktpwrd wrote:

Do mine next. Very Happy

Ok!
The sanding kit I used came from Harbor Freight Tools, I'll see if I can get another one...

1990 Chevy 454SS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ptcrew Forum Index -> Clean Up, Aisle 5! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: