User
Username:

Password:

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Who's Online 
Guest Users: 25

ptcrew store 
Support This Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Checking in once again, and new garage Detail/Paint Studio
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Candyman
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Checking in once again, and new garage Detail/Paint Studio Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

Well, I am now finally getting over all the meds stuff, through the withdraws, and starting to get back to feeling somewhat normal.

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit once again. Got moved over to a new house which was a process in itself. Shocked

Anyways, now that I finally have a pretty okay garage to play in, and feeling up to doing some playing for once in a long time now rather than sit on the couch all day, I decided to get a few things here and there to maybe do a bit of detailing, and some small paint work for now and see where it takes me. So here is my small ongoing project Detail/Paint Studio work in progress.

Hey, I gotta keep my ride looking semi decent somehow, right? Very Happy

Naw, I actually have 4 of 7 large new car Dealer Accounts already established, and looking to hook my other 3 any time at which point I plan to quickly move into a full shop and start doing production Detailing which I at one time had developed a good running program for back when I had my shop in northern San Diego. So I have been kinda gearing towards that which is why I have a good volume of bulk chemical at the moment, in addition to having all new buffers, my own full spot free rinse set up, chemical desperadoes set up, new hot water extractor, commercial wet/dry shop vac, paint and gloss meters, you pretty much name it, and its probably in the garage. We got things pretty well equipped for a good running shop.

Got signs going on the new truck Monday, working on Uniforms, and so on. Even got a bunch of Meguiar's support material, Meg's thank you mirror hangers, shirts, hats, aprons, and so forth as part of their official Pro Detailer Program which I thought was kinda cool.

And then on top of that, I got my new 60 gallon compressor which I also have all the water traps and so forth to be set up for paint next to a new booth hopefully as soon as I get moved into a new shop sometime within the next couple months if all goes according to plan.

Now all we need are some of you guys out around my area to cruise on over for a Detail party one of these days so we can break in the new place. Cool

Anywayz yall go easy, and I'll catch ya later.

Please Like me on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
TurboTeaBagger
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow looks my garge ,only much neater .
whats the blue handel thing next to the buffers hanging
is that a gas water heater in the painting area ??that cant be good
do you shop at harbor freight Smile

2006 pteazer turbo Vert, Drilled and sloted rotors, 18 magniesium rims Progress f/r sways & springs ,rear disc conversion, stage 1 axels, soon to come stage 1 pcm, trinity, areomotive a/f and egt, dual exhaust
DMW
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very cool garage

'04 Autostick GT 14.52 @ 95 | 214/315 whp/tq (traded in on the above SRT in October '08 )
lucky13
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Candy Man
I am glad to hear you are doing well and I will PM with some idea's we talked about before your issues cause you to take a break.

But really glad to see you back and starting to get everything back in order.

God's speed and my prayers for you and your family!!

Lucky 13
Stevo
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thats a "pretty okay" garage? In my book thats a fantastic garage!
Welcome back!
RallyD
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice space Candy, well stocked too I might add, with all the right stuff.
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Wish we were closer together so I could help you break in the garage!
1990 Chevy 454SS
Cal Cruzer
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish my house was so organized let alone my garage! Looks nice...I am jealous
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, Maddog STS, Stage 1, Composite Intake, Custom Air Box, VAK Hardpipes, Mopar BOV, Borla dual exhaust, H&R Springs, Rear sway bar, Drilled/Slotted Rotors & Ceramic Pads, Blane's hood struts, other stuff
ute
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that looks amazing

good to hear your back in the saddle again with detailing
Mike-in-Orange
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Checking in once again, and new garage Detail/Paint Stud Reply with quote

Candyman wrote:

Got signs going on the new truck Monday, working on Uniforms, and so on. Even got a bunch of Meguiar's support material, Meg's thank you mirror hangers, shirts, hats, aprons, and so forth as part of their official Pro Detailer Program which I thought was kinda cool.
Are you dealing with Ruben or Jaime for product, or are you going through a distributor?
Candyman
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey their Everyone,

I thank you all big time for your kind words. :Like I always say, your words are very much appreciated. Cool

TurboTeaBagger

The blue handled thing is actually a Cyclo double headed buffer which I like to use more for some glazes, and paint sealants and so forth. It also has the capability of utilizing sets of different brushes to assist in scrubbing stains from carpet if need be. Kinda just another tool in the arsenal.

And yep, I know the dang water heater is a bit of an issue where its at for the moment as far as paint, but without a proper booth I am pretty much limited to light air brush work for the moment anyway till I get into a good working shop. I could do some more in depth paint work here, but I'm pretty critical and hate doing things the less desirable route if I can help it. A good example of that is, their are tons of painters who just hit the booth with no more than a respirator which is fine but for me, I like to always hit it with a full shoot suit so their is no chance of contamination like hairs, and so forth to try to achieve as close to a clean finish as possible. Sure its extra hassle, but my paint is always as clean and free from defects as I can get it every time with no exceptions. As my pa used to say, "If its worth doing, its worth doing right."

[i]Hey lucky13,

I thank you, and sounds good. Looking forward to finally seeing what we can put together hopefully.

Hey Mike,[/i]

Long time no talk. For the moment I have been working back and forth with Rick over at ADS on the Meg's, and Autogeek on the bulk of the rest, but really would like to try to set up a more direct line of communication with someone at Meg's directly in anticipation of working into a proper shop environment once this thing takes off. My initial goal is to go after volume production detailing of the Dealers in my area first, PDI's first, and expand out from their, and would like to use Meg's for all production chemicals and so forth as much as possible. Anything you could do to get me in touch with the right people who are running the Hemet area and get better established with Meg's would be big time appreciated. I will PM you my info.

Also are you still at all involved with any of the classes or open houses up their? I have an associate/apprentice I am training and kinda was thinking about taking a trip up and maybe sitting in if something good might be coming up.

Thank you and take care. Cool

Candyman
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

Sorry its been a wile since I have really had time to sit down and catch up with yall.

Since last I talked to ya I have now went and got a mobile van mostly to handle the production work and maintenance stuff more effectively and try to handle the more detail oriented work here at the house where I have more control over the environment.

So here is a few quick pic's of the van. Its fully equipped with 10,000 watt gen, 3000 PSI Washer, upright Craftsman Air Compressor, Hot Water Extractor, Wet/Dry Shop Vac, 110 gallon tank set up with true DI Water, CG Wash Mat and Containment System, Soon to have a self contained filtration and reverse osmosis system on board so we can recycle our gray water and reuse before proper discharge per EPA Regs, and so forth. Got a selection of my bulk chemicals as needed for bottle refills for mass bulk work. All the rest of my chemicals are now in portable hard cases so I can take them out and move them around as a unit easier. Got a full set of pads, all my buffers including my 3M Rotary, old Dewalt 849, Flex DA, and my Cyclo all ready to roll, 2 bucket wash, separate cart with wheel bucket and dolly, and all my tools, brushes, 3M Sun Gun, Gloss Meter, PTG Gauge, Paint Temp Meter, and so forth all set and ready, Ladders, full line of Microfibers, two Easy Ups, and on and on. Not much that isn't in the van, and then we have a full separate set up at home for studio work as needed.

Just got the van wrapped a couple weeks ago, and the laptop set up is going in next week up front in between the safe for petty cash. For security we have bulletproof puck locks on all doors, Viper Alarm, and are working on getting a Qualcom System for satellite Tracking and base communications in addition to having the cage inside, and on the rear windows all welded in.

Here are the pix.

Still working on here but she is coming along.

Also this was last weeks project just out of the garage.

Anywayz, that is what I have been doing in between Customers which is for the moment never ending.

Will update on more soon.

TurboTeaBagger
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that van is packed
the rover looks awsome, and the rims, whoooo

2006 pteazer turbo Vert, Drilled and sloted rotors, 18 magniesium rims Progress f/r sways & springs ,rear disc conversion, stage 1 axels, soon to come stage 1 pcm, trinity, areomotive a/f and egt, dual exhaust
Es Ar Tee PT
PTcrewner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drool...one day I'll be good enough to justify my garage being stocked like that lol

New: 2012 Hyundai Accent SE 5 door. Marathon Blue with black interior. Bought it new on July 2nd 2011 with 7 miles Smile
Candyman
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey their Everyone,

Sorry I have been absent for a while once again. Been busy getting the van up and running full time but she is finally starting to develop a pretty regular clientele doing high volume production detailing for large Dealers and so forth so its keeping her running fairly well.

The only downside as with everything detailing is we are getting in to the rainy season once again which will slow things up a bit. So I am going to diversify a bit and fall back on another market I used to work in way back when which is steam cleaning concrete, buildings, pretty much anything and everything. You know those guys out in front of Walmart in the m,piddle of the night washing the store entrance? I'll be that guy, and then I can also dial back the machine and clean cars, trucks, motor homes, and on and on as well so it can also work on a second detail rig as well. Very Happy

So I got me a big steam cleaner, 3500 PSI, 310 degrees, 18 horse briggs V-twin, good enough for now. Will melt gum off concrete, pull oil stains, and so forth. Only thing is she will go through 4 gallons of water per minute and some areas will require me to run my own on board water supply so sadly my Nissan Titan was just a little light for the job. SO I had to go and do a slight upgrade to my work truck situation.

So out with the old truck.

And in with the new. May I present to you the Beast. Cool

2010 F350 crew cab dually with 10' contractors bed Powerstroke Diesel. Not much small on that thing for sure.

Monday she will be outfitted with two 325 gallon water tanks at 8.33 pounds per gallon, and then the big machine gets pulled off the trailer along with the big stainless reels...

Then Tuesday gets a new Viper alarm, tint out the windows dark all around, installing my old Galaxy 88 tweaked and peaked CB along with my scanners and stuff I had in my old Pterebilt way back when, and then I am going to add on a few safety lights so people don't run over stuff when were working, or when we get into construction clean up situations and so forth.

The plan so far for lights is going to be the high intensity strobes in the headlights, and tail lights like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pBud--eHOA&feature=related

And the light bar rotater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyGO4xinmpk&feature=player_embedded#!

When she is all done she will have the big machine, stainless reels with 200' of fill hose as well as non marking pressure hose set up on a split to run two pressure wands at the same time, 650 gallons of water, two 55 gallon chemical tanks, air compressor, 10000 watt Honda Gen, place for my big hot water extractor for shampooing carpeting and upholstery, and four tool boxes fit with tools, waxes, brushes, and a supply of detailing chemicals. Pretty much fit to do both detailing, or anything and everything in between anytime, anywhere, rain or shine.

Anywayz, back to work. You all go easy and I will get some more pix up later in the week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ptcrew Forum Index -> Clean Up, Aisle 5! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: