User
Username:

Password:

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Who's Online 
Guest Users: 16

ptcrew store 
Support This Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EbayHeadlight Lens

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vipergts
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: EbayHeadlight Lens Reply with quote

I have the cloudy lens syndrome...Has anyone tried the aftermarket Ebay units? You can get a new pair for 100 bucks or so...Thanks...Al
OurPTGT
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few peeps have used these but i have not seen any reviews after after long term use. I added that headlight film years ago to prevent the cloudiness? but it appears there are small bubbles in the adhesive now which is just as bad as being cloudy Confused
I'll most likely be going the ebay route myself for replacements.

2step
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the "blacks" that you can sometimes find on eBay. They are holding up well but my Cruiser is garaged kept and out of the weather. I have seen a few reports here that some of the eBay headlights are a tad smaller and the rubber around the outside doesn't seal with the fender as well as the stockers. Mine fit fine.

Christy, AKA Snittykitty, has never sold an ad on the Crew and never had a cash call to pay the bills or even hinted. This forum lives or dies by donations. She created this forum because of her love of Cruisers and even though us motor heads have jacked it for ourselves and she is more into stylin', she has never thrown in the towel. Why not send her a a message once in a while saying how you appreciate her loyalty? Keep Cruisin' everybody and have a nice day.
dragon-tmd
PTcrewborn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@2Step

Slightly ot, but what kind of grille is that?
sakigt
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasnt too pleased with mine. They didnt aim very easily and as mentioned the fitment is a little bit off.

For $100 you can get a set of used OEM units, open them up and paint them black yourself. Theres a DIY here on the forums.
2step
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragon-tmd wrote:
@2Step

Slightly ot, but what kind of grille is that?

I hope you like to read. Razz

http://www.ptcrew.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12668&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=mirage&start=0

http://www.ptcrew.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17309&highlight=mirage

http://www.ptcrew.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17309&highlight=mirage

http://www.ptcrew.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24920&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=mirage&start=0

Christy, AKA Snittykitty, has never sold an ad on the Crew and never had a cash call to pay the bills or even hinted. This forum lives or dies by donations. She created this forum because of her love of Cruisers and even though us motor heads have jacked it for ourselves and she is more into stylin', she has never thrown in the towel. Why not send her a a message once in a while saying how you appreciate her loyalty? Keep Cruisin' everybody and have a nice day.
Mike-in-Orange
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you own a good power drill, one that plugs into a wall outlet and not just a rechargable unit? If so, pick up Meguiar's Heavy Duty Headlight Restoration Kit and just fix the headlights you already have. For about $25 and 30 minutes (15 minutes per lens) you can make them look brand new. The kit comes with two sanding discs, 1000 grit and 3000 grit, and a wool pad that you affix to a drill and work in the PlastX (also included) to buff out the sanding marks. Check out our Quik Tips Video on the process first - there is nothing doctored, faked or altered/enhanced in this, just straight up the process using only what came in the kit. It's a piece of cake to do, completely safe, and will do wonders for badly oxidized lenses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ptcrew Forum Index -> Clean Up, Aisle 5! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: