User
Username:

Password:

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Who's Online 
Guest Users: 15

ptcrew store 
Support This Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clunking front end?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mopar_man
PTcrewner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Clunking front end? Reply with quote

If it's anything like mine, it was the sway bar bushings (not the end links). If you're hesitating about doing it or thinking of taking it somewhere, don't. You'll need 15 minutes of time and a 13mm socket or wrench. Jack and stands are optional (I did mine without). Turn the wheels all the way to the left for the passenger side, vice versa for the driver's side. Remove all 4 bolts holding the clamps on and pull the rubber bushing out. Make sure the seam of the bushing is not straight up or straight down upon installing the new one. Tighten up the four bolts and you're done. The bushings I got were from Auto Value and they were Moog's polyurethane replacements. Moog part number: K80364 (kit number and I paid $11 and change for it). This is for the 24mm sway bar. I didn't take any pictures of the installation/removal since it's pretty straight forward but here's the old vs. new:

I should add that this is probably the easiest thing you'll ever replace on your PT. Get used to things being difficult. Very Happy

2002 PT Cruiser
N/A 2.4L/5-speed
Modifications: Boogers, Maddog 80% STS, Auto throttle body, Airbox modifications, Eibach Pro springs, Energy Suspension control arm bushings & motor mount inserts, disabled balance shafts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ptcrew Forum Index -> The Mod Bible All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: