Username:

Password:

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Who's Online 
stockss
Guest Users: 20

ptcrew store 
Support This Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mossy green crap on my convertible top

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wombat Campbell
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Mossy green crap on my convertible top Reply with quote

since I lost my indoor parking space, this green mildewy stuff has been getting on my convertible top just below the rear window. I've tried everything to get it off..... but I don't want to try something that will wreck the fabric.

Not the best picture (sorry, my car's dirty, it's cold right now) but you get the idea.

Edit: img tag no worky worky.
http://i.imgur.com/NVSd38C.jpg?1
QuicksilverDon
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some kinda tree pollen?
Silver '05 Limited, Turbo, Auto, sunroof, ABS, Spoiler, E&G Classic Grill, K&N FIPK, BTG Duals, Rear lowered 1.5", $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, LED washer Lights, Sunroof deflector, window deflectors, Alteeza Gen 3 taillights, 7/8" rear sway bar, hood struts, strut bar.
Had '02 Silver T.E. Traded in w/87,000 miles.
Bosch
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuicksilverDon wrote:
Some kinda tree pollen?

No Don, think bathroom mold.. It grows on anything up here. It ends up growing on all the rubber moldings until I wash it off.. With a little scrubbing.. We just get so much rain, nothing ever dries out so mold..

I have had luck with a vinegar mix spray on let it soak a little bit and a bit of gentle scrubbing and it usually comes off.. I would be very gentle maybe just a terry towel as a scrub. Fold it up so you have an edge to work back and forth but without forcing in in the groove..

But first does anyone know if vinegar is good or bad for a convertible top?

Or when in doubt convertible top cleaner and a little gentle scrubbing..

GT Bruiser
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like good old moss. The easiest and safest way to eliminate it is to drop a chunk of zinc and distilled water in a spray bottle and let it soak overnight. Just spray it and let a little sunlight hit it. The zinc solution will kill the moss and any other lichens. Galvanized steel is zinc dipped, so you can cut a small piece and drop it in the water.

I use this on the awnings on my home, and concrete walkways.

2003 GT #1-Mostly stock, rebuilt engine/trans, Borla dual exhaust, modified TD04, S1 PCM, S2 Coilovers, Brabus steering wheel, K&N Filters.
2003 GT #2-Rebuilt engine, S1 PCM, S2 WGA, modified TD04, NeedsWings 3" O2, Cat D.P., Hard Pipes, Magnaflow 2.5" Exhaust, Hurst Shifter, S2 Coilovers, G.C. Camber Plates, Mopar F/R sways, K&N Filters. New systems: clutch, power steering, suspension, ext. lighting, cooling, braking w/Centric StopTech D/S Rotors & Hawk HPS F/R, Upper/Lower Deyeme Torque Struts Firm, DCR Clutch Pedal Rod, Gates Blue Racing Belts (3), SRP Racing Pedals, Nitto Motivo tires.
Wombat Campbell
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT Bruiser wrote:
That looks like good old moss. The easiest and safest way to eliminate it is to drop a chunk of zinc and distilled water in a spray bottle and let it soak overnight. Just spray it and let a little sunlight hit it. The zinc solution will kill the moss and any other lichens. Galvanized steel is zinc dipped, so you can cut a small piece and drop it in the water.

I use this on the awnings on my home, and concrete walkways.

good idea! I know we have distilled water at work Smile
Wombat Campbell
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I got it off with elbow grease and Ecolab Orange Clean.
soonercruiser
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY!
"A rolling Cruiser gathers no moss!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ptcrew Forum Index -> Clean Up, Aisle 5! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: