Username:

Password:

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Who's Online 
Kristie8367
Guest Users: 22

ptcrew store 
Support This Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bird crap.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wombat Campbell
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Bird crap. Reply with quote

I just had the paint restored on my PT. It's black, and we tried everything, even a clay bar to get it shiny shiny again.

Paint restoration gets it shiny shiny black again, three days later I noticed a small spot of bird crap on the hood. I wash it off, and sure enough, there's a small mark in the pain where the bird crap landed. Nothing noticeable uniess you're a foot away from it but ARRRRRGGGGHHHH.

Every time I wash it, a bird leaves a present for me, and this was the ultimate present. Sigh.
Bosch
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta keep a microfiber towel and some quick detailer in the car. See a bird bomb wipe it up there and then.. Its all we can do.

I know your pain girl, the hood on my 01 has a big shit splat that is a stain and there is no hiding it. It sat out in the cali sun over a weekend and I didn't see it until I went to work Monday and by then there was nothing I could do..

Bosch
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta keep a microfiber towel and some quick detailer in the car. See a bird bomb wipe it up there and then.. Its all we can do.

I know your pain girl, the hood on my 01 has a big shit splat that is a stain and there is no hiding it. It sat out in the cali sun over a weekend and I didn't see it until I went to work Monday and by then there was nothing I could do..

Though its coming up on rainy season so we won't have to worry as much, get a good wash and wax in before the weather turns ugly and then just wash it when we get a fluke of a couple nice days til next may/june when it turns nice again..

Though most years I just let the dirt form a protective crust til the spring, just cleaning the inside and windows..

Dimitry
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bird crap. Reply with quote

Wombat Campbell wrote:
I just had the paint restored on my PT. It's black, and we tried everything, even a clay bar to get it shiny shiny again.

Paint restoration gets it shiny shiny black again, three days later I noticed a small spot of bird crap on the hood. I wash it off, and sure enough, there's a small mark in the pain where the bird crap landed. Nothing noticeable uniess you're a foot away from it but ARRRRRGGGGHHHH.

Every time I wash it, a bird leaves a present for me, and this was the ultimate present. Sigh.

everytime this happens you eat a plate of fresh scrambled eggs on your front porch just to prove to the birds what you're capable of. lol
stumpy383
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep mine waxed and the bird crap wipes of with a wet cloth.
Wombat Campbell
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bird crap. Reply with quote

Dimitry wrote:

everytime this happens you eat a plate of fresh scrambled eggs on your front porch just to prove to the birds what you're capable of. lol

Sadly, I'm allergic to eggs. I'll have to pretend I'm eating those scrambled eggs.
Wombat Campbell
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumpy383 wrote:

Looks like I'm keeping Quik Detail and shop towels in the car! Cool

However, you don't always catch the culprits in action and don;t always catch the crap right away Sad
Bosch
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wombat Campbell wrote:
stumpy383 wrote:

Looks like I'm keeping Quik Detail and shop towels in the car! Cool

However, you don't always catch the culprits in action and don;t always catch the crap right away Sad

You do what you can. Its all we can do.

And you can always just make the eggs and not eat them, its even more evil..

pezzy
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scramble or hard boil them and put them out for the birds to eat =P and yes they will eat them hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ptcrew Forum Index -> Clean Up, Aisle 5! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: