User
Username:

Password:

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Who's Online 
Guest Users: 17

ptcrew store 
Support This Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Checking in once again, and new garage Detail/Paint Studio
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matteclipse
PTcrewbie
PTcrewbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your setup, I detail for a local dealership here in my town, and I haven't been doing it for too long, I was wondering what your favorite compounds, and polishes, pads are? At work I use products for a local detail supplier, but at home I use 3M Perfect it. Thanks, Matt
03 GT, Autostick, Solid Motor Mounts, Granatelli Plug Wires, TTAB Pipe, Dejon Hardpipes, HKS BOV, 3" o2 Dump,Downpipe, and Exhaust Piping, DSP Dyno Tuned ,S1 Injectors, FM Wastegate Composite Manifold, AEM Wideband o2, SRT Boost Gauge
Candyman
PTcrewnie
PTcrewnie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Matt,

I thank you for your kind words on my studio. Its been in pretty much constant use since I set it up. In fact I am just finishing up a full color sand and paint correction on an 04 black Silverado as we speak and then get things prepped to do some custom graphics on a new Colorado on Tuesday. That one should be pretty cool though as its another black truck but he wants an outline in orange hand pin striping blended in to gold leafing and so forth. I'll post some pix when I get her all cleared. Here is the Silverado in the studio right now.

He also owns this which I painted about a year ago and am slated to do some more work on coming up here shortly. I love this car!

As far as product, for polishing most things like Meguiar's, Mothers, and 3M are all pretty close in comparison for general purpose use. I kinda lean a bit more towards Mothers as to me it dusts a tad bit less, but they are close.

Polish for general purpose I would keep with the 3M Perfect It 2 as its a pretty decent all around polish and does a respectable job.

In fact here is a recent bring it back from the dead project i did a couple weeks ago. It was a red BMW 325I that was pretty much destroyed thanks to the old dish washing liquid with no protection after exposed to the elements and left for dead. Used Mothers for both compound and glaze.

As for wax, their are several decent ones on the market. I for some reason have a thing for boutique waxes. I like Auto Glyme High Def wax, have a bunch of Dodo Juice, and for my higher end stuff, I carry a full line of Swissvax in my arsenal. Their is a big argument on using boutique waxes and I can see both sides but for me fo example Swissvax is expensive but it also uses a high concentration of #1 white carnuba which is extremely durable and thus lasts longer and is more effective, but that mostly comes down to personal preference. Not everyone can afford a $1200.00 can of wax, or a $2300.00 plus detail.

Anywayz, I hope that somewhat answers your question. If you ever need any advice or anything else, please feel free to ask me anytime.

Please Like me on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
matteclipse
PTcrewbie
PTcrewbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those cars look amazing! Thanks for the info, Im sure I will have a tons of questions, as I am a novice at this, and Im trying to soak up all the info I can. Thanks again, Matt
<a href="http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm23/matteclipse/?action=view&amp;current=Details20125.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket</a>

This is one I did last Friday

03 GT, Autostick, Solid Motor Mounts, Granatelli Plug Wires, TTAB Pipe, Dejon Hardpipes, HKS BOV, 3" o2 Dump,Downpipe, and Exhaust Piping, DSP Dyno Tuned ,S1 Injectors, FM Wastegate Composite Manifold, AEM Wideband o2, SRT Boost Gauge
ptcary
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that's nice! happy

Bring it to Texas, I got 2 cars and a motorcycle that you could have lots of fun with!

2010 Mazda 3 iSport
2013 Ford Focus ST
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ptcrew Forum Index -> Clean Up, Aisle 5! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: