User
Username:

Password:

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Who's Online 
Guest Users: 18

ptcrew store 
Support This Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microfiber shootout

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Es Ar Tee PT
PTcrewner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Microfiber shootout Reply with quote

Ive been searching for a good set of microfiber towels/cloths to help remove polishes and wax with ease. I've been using a set of super soft white microfibers that I picked up from vatozone a while back. They don't scratch because they're so soft, but often fill up with product quick. Detailers choice is too stiff a rag to use. Meguiars is ok but feels eerily similar to detailers choice. Mothers is the best I've ever used but I don't know where I can buy a pack of them locally...what do you guys and gals think? Where can I find mothers or do you recommend something else?

New: 2012 Hyundai Accent SE 5 door. Marathon Blue with black interior. Bought it new on July 2nd 2011 with 7 miles Smile
pezzy
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use towels i ordered from griots garage. i have 2 of the waffle drying towels, a few of the polish removing towels and a few of the wax removing towels. they are kinda pricey but i love them and want to buy more hehe. i decided to give them a try because all the ones i ended buying at any store ended up leaving little fibers behind which were a pain to remove or they were leaving fine scratches all over the paint.
rcktpwrd
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple packages of microfiber towels from Costco that work well, they are about 16" square. I also have a few Meguiars towels that came with various wax/polish kits and I like them a lot as well, they are nice and soft and thick.
1990 Chevy 454SS
1989 Chevy Suburban 2500
snittykitty
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the various Meguiar's towels I've picked up. I have other generic microfiber towels I've bought but the Meguiar's are so much better the others got relegated to housecleaning rags.

Are those the The TOS in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
"Snitty cracks a mean whip!!" ~bluegoose 10/12/07
pezzy
PTcrewser
PTcrewser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had bought one of the packs from costco years ago and they ended up leaving fine scratches so i just use them on the rims now.
dodgeboy
PTcrewner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here. I have read good things about their products. I have the indigo Cobra towels and am not crazy about them. They have a heat sealed hem...think hard plastic... Confused Pick up wax and such great but you need to be careful with them.

http://www.pakshak.com/micro-fiber-towels.html

Hurst STS,w/rod end mod., Booger bushings, Eibach Pro Spring Kit, Bilstein Sport Shocks & Struts, Progress Bars Frt.& Rear, Modded Stock Air Box W/ K&N Drop In, Custom Ram CAI & AMX "catch can", AMX's Lower Pipe & T.T.A.B, Vak5 Up Pipe, PTP Check Valve, Forge BOV, Taggert's S1 FMIC, DCR 55mm T/B, Magnacore Wires, MSD Coil, Denso ITL 20's @.28, Plastic Intake, Avid Mts., Needswings 3"O2&D/P with 2.5" Mopar/Borla Cat Back ....That's All....For Now
Es Ar Tee PT
PTcrewner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've been looking into the cobras. That what autogeek pushes like crazy. So those are a no go huh?

New: 2012 Hyundai Accent SE 5 door. Marathon Blue with black interior. Bought it new on July 2nd 2011 with 7 miles Smile
dodgeboy
PTcrewner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Es Ar Tee PT wrote:
Yeah I've been looking into the cobras. That what autogeek pushes like crazy. So those are a no go huh?

Depends...like I said they work great...but...the hem can scratch your paint if you don't keep it folded over. If you want a great deal on them go to Amazon. Search indigo Cobra towels. They are listed/priced as mis-manufactured on clearance. Cool

Hurst STS,w/rod end mod., Booger bushings, Eibach Pro Spring Kit, Bilstein Sport Shocks & Struts, Progress Bars Frt.& Rear, Modded Stock Air Box W/ K&N Drop In, Custom Ram CAI & AMX "catch can", AMX's Lower Pipe & T.T.A.B, Vak5 Up Pipe, PTP Check Valve, Forge BOV, Taggert's S1 FMIC, DCR 55mm T/B, Magnacore Wires, MSD Coil, Denso ITL 20's @.28, Plastic Intake, Avid Mts., Needswings 3"O2&D/P with 2.5" Mopar/Borla Cat Back ....That's All....For Now
xwing777
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is everyone cleaning their microfiber? The wifes washes all car cleaning cloths by their self then throws in dryer without any softeners.

They seem to leave a fine dusty/lint on car afterwards.

dodgeboy
PTcrewner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xwing777 wrote:
How is everyone cleaning their microfiber? The wifes washes all car cleaning cloths by their self then throws in dryer without any softeners.

They seem to leave a fine dusty/lint on car afterwards.

Wash cold with only microfibers no other towels, and line dry.

xwing777
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try that. I know she washes them alone and cold water but must be the dryer causing it.

2step
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xwing777 wrote:
Will try that. I know she washes them alone and cold water but must be the dryer causing it.

Use low/no heat in the dryer so the fiber doesn't break down.

Christy, AKA Snittykitty, has never sold an ad on the Crew and never had a cash call to pay the bills or even hinted. This forum lives or dies by donations. She created this forum because of her love of Cruisers and even though us motor heads have jacked it for ourselves and she is more into stylin', she has never thrown in the towel. Why not send her a a message once in a while saying how you appreciate her loyalty? Keep Cruisin' everybody and have a nice day.
Es Ar Tee PT
PTcrewner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some great ones for removing wax without scratching. They're the Vroom microfibers from target. Great towels so far!! Still on the hunt for the ultimate towel though.

Mike-in-Orange
Donor
Donor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snittykitty wrote:
I really like the various Meguiar's towels I've picked up. I have other generic microfiber towels I've bought but the Meguiar's are so much better the others got relegated to housecleaning rags.

I always knew you were very, very smart.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ptcrew Forum Index -> Clean Up, Aisle 5! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: